Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Process Memo



Norman Hodges
Writing 150
Process Memo
12 February 2013

Literacy Timeline
·         The most logical place for me to start off my timeline was when I was born. It was hard to do both remembering detail things from my childhood to now and a lot of things I want to say but couldn’t.
·         Some things interesting I found out about my literacy development while I was composing my timeline that I never thought of is I was more into music that I thought I was and even though I wasn’t interested in book as I grew up I still read books sometimes. And that I liked technology too but didn’t get a chance to put in the timeline.
·         The theme that I notice throughout my timeline was music and art
·         I picked the topic by things about what I like doing the most and just what I found interesting to me throughout the years.
·         The experience of creating this timeline told me about myself is that I love music, art and technology (even though it not in my timeline).
Literacy Narrative
·         How I narrow down an area of focus for writing my narrative was remembering all I can about the things I focused on in my timeline and how it show me the values of these things. In the beginning it was difficult to center my ideas to a clear story but once I got an idea of how to put in all in a story it was no long a problem to word it out like I wanted.
·         When I began writing my narrative I organized it by starting off with birth, how my parents got me influenced into book. How my friend Deonte got me into art and making short stories and comics. Then how my uncles help me find music in my life by introducing his friend to me. Lastly what I am doing today and how these two things help me in the long run and if I wasn’t doing what I am today I would probably do something else regarding the two thing I focused on in my narrative. It wasn’t difficult to organize my thoughts into a rough draft.
·         I changed a lot of things after the peer review basically making sure everything was worded right, all my ideas were clear and the two narratives I was focusing on was clear to everyone. My partner was very helpful on peer reviewing my paper she gave me good constructive criticism on how and what to do for the final draft narrative.
·         I was thinking on how I was going to put it into a video just didn’t know what kinds of things I would use (pictures, music, words etc.) and how I would want to tell my story. It alter the way I would write a story by having a story ready but taking certain events from the story you have written and trying to put it into a video with detail but not too much.
Animoto Slideshow
·         Yes, in my opinion I think that my partner used 15 of the best sentences that I had. I did use all 15 of the sentences that she chose for the video.
·         Yes I did find it difficult to edit my text into 52 character limit. My strategy was to mainly break down each of the 15 sentence down to make sure it was enough to get my idea across and not too much that way the audience wasn’t to confused or didn’t know what my narrative was.
·         The way I used the images in my video was by having the images I chose to complimentary to my text slides (i.e.  A picture of my favorite book, my parents, art, etc.).
·         I chose the images I chose to help those who watched my video better understand where I was going to focus on. It was a mix of both personal images and web images. They help me tell my story by helping giving a clear idea on what type of things was going to be included and to give people who watched my video a look at different image regarding my narratives.
·         The song helps me help cement a theme in my slideshow by using a beat (music) and choosing a good theme to go with to make the video make sense to what I was going for when it comes to my narratives. I chose the song because I thought that it was interesting to me and would help people understand the one of my two narratives (music and art) that I had and I like the music a lot.
·         Something’s I wish I did differently would be that I had a chance to fit in more about art and try to add my liking of technology somewhere in there. Another thing that I would have changed or done differently was probably the music of my video because there were a lot of choices I could have chose from. And I would have used more personal images for my video rather that a mix of both or web images and explain more about what a beat is.

No comments:

Post a Comment