Friday, March 22, 2013

Redesign of Advertisement Essay



I feel good about going into this assignment because I found out as much research I could into it and did a lot of hard on it as well. I decide by what was different from the magazines and I found the ad that I picked interesting and that it been around for years. How I came up with my idea for the redesign is that I imaged it in mind first then I did a small sketch to see if how it would look (two different one’s a rough and final draft). Some of the challenges that I face as I began this essay is the word choice, tone, breaking it down to a different audience, and not speaking in first or second person. I overcame these challenges by simply thinking about the new audience carefully in this case women and what would a women want from the redesign product and the same came with the word choice and tone. Also with first and second person just worded it differently to make sense for the redesign. What I liked about the assignment is that we can redesigned in our own image and make sure that it appeal to our new audience and it made me think of how I would want to make a product/design it. How I used it to my advantage is by first going though it in my mind then writing it in words then making different sketches for it to choose the one that best fits it. Learning outcomes that I have walked away with is learning how to not use first or second person and how to set up my sentences. Also citing what that I have taken from secondary/outside sources. I have a greater understanding of thinking about to redesign something for a different audience and not using the first or second person voice. If I was given a second chance at this I think that I would have chosen an ad with a model in it that way it would be a little easier for the redesign to go well and word choice would be another thing I would change.

No comments:

Post a Comment