Thursday, January 24, 2013

Summary & Response



1.      Literacy was important to Sherman Alexi because it save his life to where he did not want to be like the others but be different and that he taught his self to read all different kinds of book rather comics or magazines and try to teach it to other students like himself that don’t think they can. I agree that it was essential for me to learn how to read and write. From my experiences I had to learn how to read and write and not to be like some that don’t know how to and it would help me even more rather I was in school or not and if I want to become a write or an artist. It was also important to because it help me better understand what I want to write about rather it was imagination or personal and for read to make sure it was clear for others to understand and myself to make sure that there was no mistakes happening.  
2. Yes it was linked with my cultural identity just as Amy Tan’s was in her story.
3. The literacy narrative that I am identify with most is personal literacies. Because I have had many different people that has had positive influences on me rather is a teacher or family and friend they have helped me.
4. What it means to write a circular narrative is to have certain plot point repeated in the story to make sure that the person has a clear understanding on what it is about. Yes I do see the technique employed in any of the narratives we read with the theme they try to get across.

No comments:

Post a Comment